Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just a few that could use your prayers

I'm glad to report that I am feeling much better - I hate to report that I think I passed it along to Kyle. He too went to the doctor yesterday and got some meds. He is one of many that I would ask you to pray for. Another request I have is for a special little friend, Luke. He, his mommy and daddy (Mark and Laura) have been family friends for years. Luke just celebrated his first birthday. In his short life so far he has already had to have open heart surgery actually not long after his birth. Well tomorrow morning he has to have a little procedure done and will have to be put to sleep for it. Of course, his parents are anxious about him having to be put to sleep with his heart situation so I know they would appreciate the thoughts and prayers. A special lady I know found out last week that she has cancer. I do not want to mention her name because she wants to keep things low key and I respect that but God will know her by name when you pray for her. I have been reading a blog that I came across and the mom on this blog, Devon, has really touched my heart. She lost twin boys last year this time - in fact March 7 and 8 of 2008. I ask you to please pray for her as she reflects back on this past year and remember her sweet boys. I certainly can not fathom her loss but you can just feel the emptiness and pain in her words. Lastly, please pray for my nephew, Chad and his wife, Corrisa - they lost their sweet Isabel (their poodle).

I would like to sign off with a praise - Morgan Kate weighed in at the doctor today at 11 lbs. 1 oz. and continues to make great progress! I stand in awe of her and the true miracle that she is and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will see her this weekend!

4 comments:

Kelly Lee said...

That is such great news about her being over 11 lbs. She has come so far! I'm not going to write much more b/c I've been trying to post comments since I found out you had a blog and can't ever get them to post, so here I go again. Love you

Kelly Lee said...

Well...finally I have figured it out!!!

Laura Jervey said...

Thank you for the prayers!!! Anesthesia is so scary for us...Luke did great with everything, but is so sore and in some pain. I can't thank you enough for thinking of us and praying for him. Love you!

His Doorkeeper said...

Hi Kathy!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I came over and quickly read thru most of your blog and see we have alot in common! Your daughter and my daughter both made us grandmas and we both had a little bit of a rough beginning with the new babies but God intervened and we are both blessed! Does that sound right??

I loved when you said when you first saw Morgan Kate that you fell in love! Exactly how I felt about Harper. Isn't it the strangest thing? They didn't have to do one little thing to woo us but just show up!! That's got to be a God thing!!

Blessings to you and your sweet family!
Judy