Monday, March 16, 2009

For those of you who know me, you know how much my maltese Gracie means to me - she is like another child. I am rather particular about her and therefore I am really picky about who will groom her. We have been through several groomers...some good some not so good. In fact most are not so good until we finally found one that we really liked, Gracie seemed to like her (or liked her as much as she willl like anyone who is going to scrub, cut and blow dry her) Well on Friday we found out that our new found groomer would be leaving town. Now what are we going to do! Any suggestions???

On a totally different note, we helped celebrate the Eagle Scout ceremony of a dear friend. As part of this service, the scout master asked that all Eagle scouts in attendance come stand with the current Eagle candidate. The pin that was being presented passed through the hands of all Eagle scouts before being presented....each Eagle told their troop number and the year they received their award. There were 21 Eagle scouts present in that room! My hubby was one of them....he had knocked off the dust and even found his pin that he received 37 years ago and wore it to the ceremony! It was a very special moment and what made it even more special was the fact that I was in attendance 37 years ago when he received his and it was such a good feeling to reflect back on that time and realize how many, many special years we have shared together. He has aged quite nicely, I might add :)

As I sign off tonight, I ask that you please pray for Morgan Kate's trip to the pulmonary doctor tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe, "house arrest" will be over.

3 comments:

amanda pyle said...

Kaky,
I love reading your blog. Your love for your family amazes me. I'm saying lots of prayers that MK's doctors appt. goes well tomorrow. We can't wait to see her!

Heather and Travis said...

I didn't know Daddy had his eagle scout. Impressive! How come we were never in scouts? I mean I wasn't dying to be a girl scout, but I was just curious.

Anonymous said...

That scout service sounds like it was very special. 37 years WOW that is impressive. I love your blog......it reflects the love you have for your family and what is important about life. We share that love for Morgan Kate, Heather and Travis. Hope all goes well for MK and her appointments.

Jan