Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

I've been thinking alot lately about all the things I have to be thankful for. Each time I sit and think something new comes to mind....in other words, I feel like I am a truly blessed woman. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of days when I have a good ole pity party for myself wondering why other's lives seem so perfect and mine seems to be full of struggles. But then I flash back to reality and I'm reminded of just how wonderful life is.

First of all, I have a husband who knows everything about me and still loves me. Alot to be thankful for. Last year this time, our first grandchild was fighting for her life in the NICU at Baptist and this year our grandchild will be celebrating Thanksgiving in our home! Alot to be thankful for. Our daughter has had the opportunity to stay home with her child another year ....alot to be thankful for. Our son in law is our third son and the awesome daddy to Morgan Kate. Alot to be thankful for. Our oldest son has just recently purchased his first home....alot to be thankful for. Our youngest son will be getting married in two weeks and has a new job.....alot to be thankful for. I already know 2010 will be bringing alot of big events to our family....alot to be thankful for.

I can't count my blessings without thanking God for the wonderful friends in my life. Some so special they are like sisters and brothers to me. Some so close that they can actually finish my sentences before I do and can pray for me when the words won't come. Is that awesome or what!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Think about what you are thankful for and if you will, share it with me. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

I am thankful for you! I love you muches.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am most thankful that you are my "sister"...maybe not in blood kin...but in every other way possible! I feel our lives are so intertwined and have been woven together by God. Blessings for your day! Phala