Sunday, November 15, 2009

Prematurity

Do you believe in miracles? I not only believe I have witnessed one first hand and continue to marvel at that precious miracle each time I am around her. November is Prematurity Awareness Month and Morgan Kate could be the poster child for a true sucess story. The facts are staggering and absolutely take my breath away each time I read them. Heather, my daughter, is stating facts each day during the month about Prematurity on her blog. As I read these facts each day, I reflect back to the time we were experiencing the circumstances when Morgan Kate was in the NICU. At the time I think I was too much in shock and too ignorant on prematurity to know just how fragile Morgan Kate's life really was.

Now adays I love being able to tell people who are meeting Morgan Kate for the first time a little about her journey. Everyone seems to be in awe of knowing that she weighed a mere 1 lb. 12 ozs at birth and today is growing in leaps and bounds. All grandmothers love showing off all of their grandchildren but each time I have the opportunity to introduce her to folks I honestly swell with tears of pride in knowing how hard she has fought this first year of her life.

In closing I want to share a funny story about MK! Her mom has purchased a few bows for her to wear in her hair because she has been known to be mistaken for a boy! Of course, I don't see how anyone could think that as pretty as she is (ahem) but oh well they have. Well guess what, she does not like them and takes them out immediately. Does she remind you of the same little girl I blogged about one time that would hide her bonnets in the seat to avoid having to wear them. I guess it's true....what goes around comes around and boy do I have fun laughin.

No comments: