Monday, April 12, 2010

There are not enough days in the weekend!

I thought when I was younger that once I got married I would not wish for the weekends however as I have gotten older, I long for the weekends even more. It seems like there are just not enough days in the weekend and this past weekend was a good indication of that.

On Friday I felt like our home was a distribution center...people were coming and going. They were all there for one reason. They needed to pick up their "Team Morgan Kate" tshirts for the big walk. We had some dear family in town to help us get ready for the event and to just hang out and enjoy fellowship. One thing that our family prides itself on is the closeness that exists and has always existed. When one family member is in need of support, everyone steps up. My sister, niece, and a friend (Charlotte) came on Friday, had dinner with us, and was there for the weekend events. On Saturday, other family and friends joined us to kick off the walk for the March of Dimes. I was almost breathless as I looked out over the crowd of supporters, almost 70 in number, sporting a tshirt designed by Heather in honor of Morgan Kate! We not only walked for Morgan Kate, but for our other grandchild, Hunter, who was born at 35 weeks and we walked in hope that "Baby Lee" my niece, Kelly's little one who is due in October and Becca (Amanda and JP's) little one due in two weeks and Nolan (Raven and Koto's) little boy will be born healthy and full term. You see we really walked for all babies - because all babies deserve to be born healthy!

A walk is using one's feet to advance or to accompany someone and I was honored and proud to use my feet on Saturday to accompany all of those people who sacrified their Saturday morning to walk for babies! I hesitate to mention all the names for fear of overlooking someone but you know who you are and I will never forget you doing this!

The weekend was capped off by a baby shower on Sunday for a very special mommy to be. Raven was honored by her friends (Heather, Liz, Melissa and Rita) at a baby shower - everything was perfect down to every little detail. Special detail for a very special mommy!

Wow - what a weekend! I honestly had to go back to work to rest :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing everyone this weekend! Thank you again for having me over Friday night! I love being a part of such a wonderful event!

Charlotte

jan kessler said...

It was a joyous weekend especially Saturday. Thanks for allowing me to come to your house to pick up MaMa's amd my t-shirt. I enjoy our visits.

jan