Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy and Hope-Filled

As I read my devotion those two phrases really struck me. Both words can describe our attitudes or our feelings. As we come to the close of another year, I reflected on this year and realized my attitude has not always been happy or hope-filled. At times it has been one of frustration, disappointment, and down right anger. However as I face a new year, I know I can ask God and hope that He will find it His will to help me be happy and hope-filled. I already know of many reasons why I look forward in anticipation to 2010. It is a year that has several milestones....my mom will turn 80, my baby boy, Kyle, will turn 21, my oldest, Heather, will turn 30, my other son Owens is getting settled into his new home, and we look forward to our family growing. Good new stuff on the horizon :)

God has always been in the business of doing new things and I hope each of you enjoys a year of new things and God's blessings! Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for all of us. I love you!

Raven said...

I have no doubts that 2010 will bring big changes and big blessings from God. With all that this past year has challenged me with I simply tell myself change brings new challenges to serve as a reminder that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible!